Monday, March 15, 2010

I'm sitting in the SLC airport waiting for my flight (and because I'm Shelly, I am insanely early). I'm heading to New York to spend the week with my friend Allison (the one I went to Europe with last summer). I decided to bring my laptop to keep me company and after realizing that the airport has free wifi I am very glad I did!

Not a whole lot has happened lately. I've been keeping busy with work and trying to figure out my next step in life. The last few weeks have been pretty stressful. First I lost my wallet. And of course because I have the best luck in the world, I lost it on my way into work at the mall. Some kind soul found it and decided to try using my credit card. Which worked. Thankfully the nice people at Mastercard reversed the charge after it went thru. So I spent the following week doing everything I needed to do when a wallet is lost/stolen. My new driver's license still hasn't made it to me (so all I have is the temporary paper one) so thankfully I have a passport so I can still get on my flights! I now believe I am pretty knowledgeable about ID theft, so if anyone is unlucky like me and has to go thru this, let me know and I will tell you what to do!

I went to Las Vegas a few weekends ago with my friend Camille. It was a lot of fun. We stayed at the Hilton that is just off the strip. Nice hotel, but the pool hours suck (it closed at 5:30). I did a bit of shopping at H&M and Sephora of course and made a stop at Tiffany's. I'm saving my purchase there though for when I get to NYC! I didn't loose too much money gambling. I did find my new favorite game now that the horse game is gone. It's penny poker slots. It's regular poker but you can turn on the slot machine option and do more lines so you have a better chance of winning. I can't wait to go back to Vegas and spend more time on that machine!!! :)

Other than that, like I mentioned, life is pretty boring. Hopefully I'll have some good adventures in NYC I can blog about to spice things up a bit :)

2 comments:

Kat said...

boring my butt. You're life is far from boring. I wish I could vacation once a month. lol. Have fun on your most current vacation!

Shelly said...

Most of the time I really do feel like my life is so boring! I am glad however that someone reads my blog :) Thanks Kat!!!